Parking is an emotive issue and affects almost everybody. It’s very much on both the business and communities agendas.
Smart Parking is a way to manage parking and the benefits include:
- Fair and flexible access to public parking
- Increased parking turnover during peak periods
- Generates revenue to deliver public space improvements
- Improves safety for pedestrians and motorists
- Park Free Permits for Residents and Businesses
Smart Parking was installed in Nelson Bay CBD in 2020 and recently extended to Laman Street and Fly Point in Nelson Bay CBD and also in Shoal Bay.
In November and December 2023 we ran a survey and provided face to face opportunity to talk to the community about expanding Smart Parking to other locations including:
- Little Beach, Nelson Bay
- Fingal Bay
- Birubi Headland, Robinson Reserve, Anna Bay and
- One Mile Beach car park, One Mile
Thank you to those who contributed to our recent survey.
We received 287 responses and are currently collating responses with the intent to report back to Council in early 2024.
We will keep this page updated as key dates are confirmed.