Yacaaba Centre Port Stephens - Employment Opportunity
Yacaaba Centre is seeking applications for someone who has excellent skills in engaging and responding to client needs. They are seeking someone with values consistent with the philosophy of the organisation. The main responsibility of the role is to provide warm and empathetic support for clients by being the first point of contact, discovering their needs and concerns and providing them with relevant information.
Closing date: 30 June 2021 @ 5.00 pm
Client Liaison Officer
An exciting opportunity has come up for a warm and empathetic human with a flair for admin, customer service and client care.
We are excited to offer this brand-new role. The Client Liaison Officer is a part-time position reporting to the Manager. The role is 4 days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday) 9am – 4pm, or potential to job share as 2 part time roles.
The Client Liaison Officer’s role is to respond to our clients. As the first point of contact with our clients you will be the welcoming ‘face’ of the Yacaaba Centre. You will be the warm and empathetic listener and responder supporting clients and providing them with relevant information and referrals. You are a vital part of the team and provide the foundation to help support the Manager, Counsellors, Administrator, and Volunteers.
- Attending to client enquires – including within the Centre, phone, email, and social media chat
- Provide an exceptional end-to-end experience by meeting, greeting and discharging clients and support their service needs throughout.
- Provide warm and empathetic support for clients by being the first point of contact, discovering their needs and concerns and providing them with relevant information.
- Provide strong internal communication by liaising closely with administration officer, counsellors, and volunteers.
- Data collection and entry
- Website and social media management
- Assisting the Manager where required
- General administration
Job Requirements/Essential Skills
- Warm, empathetic, and friendly.
- Conscientious and professional demeanor.
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Mature in approach and attitude with clients.
- Organised, energetic and proactive.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to learn quickly.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- Ability to act calmly and precisely under pressure.
- Proven ability to deal compassionately and confidentially with sensitive personal information.
- An initiator, solution-focused and a team player.
- Excellent ability to multitask, meet deadlines and thrive in a busy changeable environment.
- Previous experience in an administrative or similar role.
- Sound knowledge of responding to challenging behaviour through trauma informed practice.
- Has knowledge of our industry and/or experience within a similar environment.
It is a condition of employment at the Yacaaba Centre that you provide a Police Check and Working with Children Check.
This is currently only a 12-month contract.
The Yacaaba Centre was established in 1989 and is proudly supported by many organisations and individuals in the local community. We are a nonprofit organisation which is partially funded by NSW Department of Communities and Justice and operate on a donation basis (tax deductible).
Our mission at the Yacaaba Centre is to provide counselling support, information and advocacy for our clients, enabling them to develop strategies to sustain physical and psychological wellbeing and supporting those at imminent risk of homelessness.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and your resume to the Manager, Petra Offen, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org