NSW Small Business Recovery Grant
Small businesses in NSW requiring financial relief to promptly reopen or operate in a COVIDSafe way may be eligible for a grant provided by the state government.
The boost supports expenses, such as marketing/advertising costs, staff training and other measures to help businesses operate in the new normal, between the value of $500 and $3000.
Eligible applicants can apply from July 1, 2020, until August 16, 2020, via the NSW Service Website.
- Operate a small business or not-for-profit organisation in NSW
- Have an ABN registered in NSW (ensure your business details are up to date on the Australian Business Register)
- have an annual turnover of more than $75,000
- employ less than 20 full-time equivalent staff (non-employing businesses can also apply)
- Report a payroll below the NSW 2019-2020 payroll tax threshold of $900,000
- Operate in a highly impacted industry deemed under the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020 (see guidelines)
- Prove at least a 30% decline in turnover from March to July 2020 compared to the equivalent period (of at least 2 weeks) in 2019
- Incur costs associated with safely reopening or upscaling the business from July 1, 2020